Shokus Video Catalog/Westerns
SADDLE UP AND HEAD BACK TO THOSE GREAT 1950s HORSE OPERAS, WITH ALL YOUR FAVORITE HEROES!
FOUR VOLUMES REPRESENTING THE BEST
OF 1950s TV WESTERNS!
479 CLASSIC TV WESTERNS, I
1. BUFFALO BILL, JR. (1955). Dick Jones stars as Bill, an orphan adopted by a judge and marshal of Wileyville, Texas.
--- 100 MINUTES --- BLACK AND WHITE ---
2. THE GABBY HAYES SHOW (1951). The grizzly character of the old west stars in this 30-minute show, originally shown on Saturday mornings.
3. RANGE RIDER (1951). Here's Jock Mahoney as the famous rider and Dick Jones (once again) as his sidekick in another great 50s TV western!
4. THE ADVENTURES OF KIT CARSON (1951) stars Bill Williams as the famed scout.
490 CLASSIC TV WESTERNS, II
1. BUFFALO BILL, JR. (1953). In "The Fight for Geronimo", a dishonest telegraph man attempts to hold up a train that contains an Indian prisoner. One commercial is intact.
--- 105 MINUTES --- BLACK AND WHITE/COLOR ---
2. THE ROY ROGERS SHOW (1953). Con men forge a man's signature on a bill of sale for property he owns while he's out of town, so it's up to Roy to fix things.
3. COWBOY G-MEN (1952) stars Russell Hayden and Jackie (Uncle Fester) Coogan as government agents in the old west. In this episode, they investigate a poisoned water area.
4. JUDGE ROY BEAN (1956), in color, starring Edgar Buchanan as the "by-the-book" law enforcer. The judge suspects the sheriff of a neighboring town is just as dishonest as the city criminals.
499 CLASSIC TV WESTERNS, III
All of the following shows contain original commercials, and are from the Michael Halprin collection.
--- 120 MINUTES --- BLACK AND WHITE ---
1. THE CISCO KID (1952). Duncan Renaldo and Leo Carillo star. A New York officer is sent out west to find out why a man is trying to buy back land from the daughter of a deceased hotel owner.
2. ADVENTURES OF KIT CARSON (1952). Carson tries to find the men responsible for selling fake stocks to people and taking their life savings in exchange.
3. THE ROY ROGERS SHOW (1954). An outlaw robs the Wells Fargo Bank and then frames his brother, a law-abiding citizen.
4. THE LIFE AND LEGEND OF WYATT EARP (1955), starring Hugh O'Brien. Earp is asked to take charge of the town's baby contest. Mike Connors guest stars.
513 CLASSIC TV WESTERNS, IV
1. COWBOY G-MEN (1952). Agents Gallagher and Crockett (Russell Hayden, Jackie Coogan) investigate an outbreak of disease among horses in a western town. Lyle Talbot guest stars.
--- 100 MINUTES --- BLACK AND WHITE/COLOR ---
2. JUDGE ROY BEAN (1956). The judge lends his friend $500, unaware that the friend is being blackmailed. Edgar Buchanan stars in this color episode.
3. BUFFALO BILL, JR. (1955). Judge Wiley's general store has been robbed - by a juvenile!
4. THE ROY ROGERS SHOW (1953). A friend of Roy's is shot while riding on Roy's ranch - and Roy's not going to let this get too far!
Back to Table of Contents